Information we may collect from you when you interact with MKOBO
- Information you give us:
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, gender, credit or debit card, and bank account information.
- Contact details like your home address, email, and phone number.
- Information about your identity, such as a copy of your ID document, BVN, and picture.
- We may request your express permission to access other information like your address book, contacts, location, photos, and data from your camera.
- Information you provide through our chat channels which we use to help you.
- If you use other ways to get in touch than through our chat channels, we collect the following information so we can answer your questions or take action:
- The phone number you’re calling from and information you give us during the call (we record all calls).
- The email address you use and the contents of your email (and any attachments).
- Public details from your social media profile (like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms) if you reach out to us via these platforms, and the contents of your messages or posts to us.
- Information we collect when you use MKOBO:
- We collect this information to keep your data safe and to improve features for you. This includes your:
- Mobile network and operating system
- Login information
- IP address and device ID
- Phone contacts
- Information we get from third parties:
- To ensure compliance with the law and regulations, for regulatory purposes generally (Know Your Customer) as well as to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes, and for tax, legal, reporting and auditing obligations
- In connection with agreements with credit reference agencies
- Such as public sources for AML reasons or market research
Why we collect your information and what we do with themThe Nigerian Data Protection Regulations (NDPR) prescribes that you must consent before we collect your information and that the information must be collected and processed in a lawful manner. This means that we will only process your information for the purpose below, given our legitimate interest in providing banking and financial products and services, operating and improving MKOBO, marketing our products and services to you and being as efficient as we can about complying with legal duties, obligations and regulations that apply to us and keeping our records up to date.
- We use the information you give us for the following:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We use the information collected when you use MKOBO for the following:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To inform you about scheduled Service downtimes and new features;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- We use the information we get from third parties for the following:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your informationInformation we share with third parties. We will not sell or rent your information to anyone. We may however share your information with selected third parties including:
- Credit reference agencies (please see section below);
- Our service providers (such as payment processors, IT service providers, email service providers and web analytics providers);
- Specific subcontractors who help to provide you with the services you have requested;
- Tax authorities, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- Our insurers, lawyers, auditors, consultants and other professional advisers;
- Other banks or financial institutions (where you ask us to share your personal data, or where we are asked to confirm your identity for the purposes of preventing or investigating financial crime);
- Based on an order of court or as required by law to any supervisory agency or law enforcement organisation.
How long do we keep your information?We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide services to you, your account with us remains open or any period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease to use our services for the purposes set out below:
- We keep most of your data as long as you’re using MKOBO, and for 7 years after that to comply with the law and if we face a legal challenge. In some circumstances, like cases of anti-money laundering or fraud, we may keep data longer if we need to (that’s in our legitimate interest) and/or the law says we have to.
- To work out how long we keep different categories of data, we consider why we hold it, how sensitive it is, how long the law says we need to keep it for, and what the risks are.